The Talkin’ Headline Blues is a weekly series of recordings using unedited headlines from CNN.com written as a song. This week’s topic: Ugly Orphans.
Even ugly orphans enjoy listening to this week’s Talkin’ Headline
Talkin’ Headline haiku
Ugly outrage for fake death.
Trump rarely scrubs.
Look, why turn healthy?
Rabbit leaves Americans orphans.
Aren’t we all ugly orphans at some point in our lives? Probably there are even more times than just one that you feel like that. Alone, cold, unwanted, made to sit in a corner facing the wall.
But at least you weren’t in debt to a foreign government during that time. At least you weren’t the most visible person on the planet. At least you got through it and came out the other side in the warm embrace of someone who showed you love, instead of in a prison cell of one type or another.
So things aren’t all bad then, I guess.
Headlines used for this recording
- Flight attendant: Boss told me I’m fat, ugly and old
- Outrage over Katy Perry’s Obama joke
- Trump’s booster shot for his base
- Expert: North Korean weapons may be fake
- Famed Swiss climber falls to his death
- Trump laments ‘archaic’ rules of Congress
- Where the sun rarely shines
- EPA scrubs climate change from website
- Conservatives look forward to Kennedy-less court
- Trump wonders why there was a Civil War
- Storms that killed at least 14 turn east
- Is sushi healthy?
- Pilot: The mystery of United’s dead giant rabbit
- Spurs coach leaves $5,000 tip
- Why are Americans so infatuated with guns?
- A generation of heroin orphans